Liberals throwing religious orgs tax-exempt status up in the air:
- Time op ed: end tax exempt for all religious groups: tax exemption a “subsidy”
- World Magazine interviewed Oppenheimer about his controversial op-ed
- Bernie Sanders “I don’t know that I would go there” on whether groups against gay marriage should lose tax exempt status. His finger-to-the-wind answer shows just how tentative the situation is.
- This LA Times article on the issue concludes with Kennedy’s insistence that the Supremes decision will not infringe on religious liberties.
- Complete Supreme Court decision
The flashback photo “Celebrating Euro 2004” provided by Charalampos Konstantinidis is so appropriate. Europe was optimistic despite such political and economic disparity within the Eurozone.